October 13, 2008

Fall happenings...

I just got back from a great weekend of scrapbooking at Wallowa Lake. I enjoyed being away and getting to catch-up on some albums, but I REALLY missed my family! John with the help of some friends, did a great job of taking care of things at home while also working, however, I don't think he'd appreciate it if I left for that long again anytime soon. I went up to the retreat with my mom for a little mom and me time...my brother and dad decided that they needed father son time, so the four of us rode up to Wallowa together and they camped down the rode while we scrapped....it was very odd to be on a "family" trip with just the four of us. I think the last time we did something like that Aaron and I were still in high school! I have to say that I had fun with my fam, but I really missed "my" little family. Just makes me all the more thankful!


After I returned home, it was business as usual...school, laundry, dishes, shopping...ect. It's been very cold lately and my garden has been ruined my the freezing temperatures...very sad for me because things have been coming in so late. I still had several tomato plants full of large green tomatoes and pepper plants that were just getting ready to produce. I decided that today the kids and I would at least go down and pick our pumpkins and gourds to keep them from getting ruined. They had lots of fun and Jeremiah even started singing a silly song he was making-up as he went about Halloween. They are being stored in the garage for now...


2 comments:

RobbinGaye said...

What beautiful colors in your garden! Looks like you all had a great time! Thanks for the "mom time"-it was a lot of fun!xoxo

CWIKS said...

It looks like you guys really enjoy the property you live on. It is so neat to see all of the things you do with the kiddos. Isn't life grand being a mom. Have a blessed day!!!!