January 30, 2010

Judah's First Birthday


We celebrated Judah's 1st birthday this week. I can't believe how time flies! He is such an amazing little boy. He's so chubby and cute...he has been walking for about two months now and is practically unstoppable!
I can hardly believe that one year ago I was feeling huge and very tired, ready for this little guy to come out. He made me work just about harder than any of the other children mearly by staying in my belly a full three weeks longer than the rest. He was the one that I thought would truly never come out - but I savored every moment, even the rough ones, just knowing that this may be the end of our journey in the baby department. I wanted to take this year and do everything I could to be more patient, loving and nurturing to all the kids. I wouldn't say I 100% succeeded...I definitely had my moments of frustration and impatience! But every morning smelling that sweet baby smell in his hair and kissing his forehead telling him I love him, nursing him as long as I could and resisting the temptation to give him a bottle in the middle of the night when I thought I couldn't survive on any less sleep, dealing with two children in diapers....all of the struggles and triumphs are totally worth it when they smile at you and snuggle up in your neck for kisses and loves. Judah is a very strong boy and sweet like his older brother. I loved every moment of this year and I look forward to the next zillion!

No comments: