May 15, 2009

I've been on a blogging kick these last few days...kinda crazy. I am so blessed by my family..my husband, my kids. I have really been enjoying the kids more lately...I know that sounds weird, but if your a mom, you know what I mean. I have gone thru seasons with each kids where I really love them, but I don't really like them. I know that is a bold thing to say, but it's true...and we need more truth these days. There are those days when you just can't WAIT for them to go to bed....and then there are days where you might as well just put the spoon you've been using to spank them with in your back pocket because that's just how naughty they've been. But then, when you see them get hurt, kiss their siblings boo-boo, tell you they love you...your heart is softened. Or, with our kids, I have been seeing who God is for them in their lives...whether its just a song, a prayer or a backwards-but-semi-right version of a bible story...
Jeremiah asked me today if I remembered when he was in my belly. "Yes", I said. "Yea, me too Mom, it was really dark in there. I couldn't wait to get out. I just didn't want to stay in that belly anymore...I wanted to see you", he says. My sweet, sweet Jeremiah. He is so tender and loving. His heart is SO big and he wants to love and be loved by everyone. Yet, he is still a five-year old little boy who likes rocks, dirt and wiffle ball.
Then there is my Alison. My long-awaited little girl. She almost didn't make it and I am so glad she did. She is strong and caring. Always wants to be close to mom, but yet...she fights hard. She is me, when I was her age...it scares me. I know how awful I could be...and I want her to be a sweet little girl who will mind her manners. The days and moments when I feel very stretched and overwhelmed with her attitude and strong will...I remind myself about those moments when she was born and the days after...the tubes, the drugs and the tears. Then, deep breath and prayer for help...ahhh....I love her even more.
Hosanna....she is my spunky little monkey. We recently had a developmental evaluation done on her. I was concerned she wasn't talking enough along with some other things....apparently, she's fine. She talks up a storm! She is climbing on everything and saying "no", "dooonnn't" and about 30 other words. She loves to hug! She has a perfect smile and I love when she laughs.
My little, big baby...Judah. He is so big. He just turned 15 weeks and is almost 17lbs. He loves to eat, poop, sleep...eat, poop, sleep. I just started putting him to bed in Jeremiah's room this week and I already miss having him in his little bed next to me. He is starting to talk...rather, coo more. He is smiling a ton!
Today, I guess I have felt like reflecting more because I came across this video and it really touched my heart. It has really made me feel blessed that I have all my babies here with me...
I did the math...and Judah is 106 days old today...I can't imagine getting to know him this well and then....well, you better watch the video. Get out your kleenex!
http://www.ignitermedia.com/products/iv/singles/570/99-Balloons

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well this was convicting!!!

I find myself in that former category (spanking, put them to bed at 5:00, etc.) way too often!! I need to take a step back and remember that this stressful postpartum time is just a season and it will pass...but the hurtful things that I do and say during it will stay with them for a long time.

Thanks for the reminder, Krystal! :) I think it's time for me to chill out a little!!

Alicia said...

I saw that video on Oprah for the first time (I don't watch Oprah often, because I can't stand her), and I bawled like a baby...and have every time I have seen it since! I wish everyone who was given a terminal diagnosis for their unborn baby would realize how each day of his/her life is a blessing, no matter how short or long it is. It is so sad that some believe abortion is the right answer.

By the way, Greg and I do plan on having kids...and hopefully lots of them! ;o)

Bekie said...

Your family is pretty special Krystal! I am glad to hear that you guys are doing well. You inspired me to post some things about my family. Love you all!